Two days of non-stop Trino action are done! Last week, Trino Summit 2023 took place virtually another great community event. Great presentations from Trino experts across the globe showed different use cases and experiences with Trino.
During the event, our lively audience of over 600 attendees asked questions from the speakers and each other on chat, and we had fun with Trino trivia questions.
Starburst announced their Trino Champions program. Kevin and Jan are the first recipients of the award and will receive their swag packs soon. Going forward, new champions will be crowned regularly, and Starburst is looking for nominations.
If you missed out on the event, the following list of all the sessions provides links to the recordings. Over time, we will follow up with blog posts about each session with the presentation and further details.
- The mountains Trino climbed in 2023 presented by Martin Traverso from Starburst. (Slides)
- How EA migrated 150+ million partitions from HMS to AWS Glue presented by Yuyang Luo from EA.
- Trino workload management presented by Jinyang Li and Tingting Ma from Airbnb.
- Secure exchange SQL: Building a privacy-preserving data clean room service over Trino presented by Taro Saito from Treasure Data.
- Powering Bazaar`s business operation using Trino presented by Umair Abro from Bazaar. (Slides)
- Efficient Kappa architecture with Trino presented by Sanghyun Lee at SK Telecom. (Slides)
- Many clusters and only one gateway presented by Will Morrison (Starburst), Andy Su (Bloomberg), and Jaeho Yoo (Naver).
- Trino upgrade at exabytes scale presented by Ramanathan Ramu from LinkedIn.
- Powering data marts through Trino Iceberg connector at Zomato presented by Shubham Gupta and Bhanu Mittal from Zomato. (Slides)
- Pinterest journey to achieving 2x efficiency improvement on Trino presented by Carlos Benavides from Pinterest.
- Avoiding pitfalls with query federation in data lakehouses presented by Edward Morgan and Bhaarat Sharma from Raft.
- Adopting Trino’s fault-tolerant execution mode at Quora presented by Gabriel Fernandes de Oliveira and Yifan Pan from Quora. (Slides)
- Inherent race condition in Guava Cache invalidation and how to escape it presented by Piotr Findeisen from Starburst. (Slides)
- Unstructured data analysis using polymorphic table function in Trino presented by YongHwan Lee from SK Telecom. (Slides)
- Transitioning to Trino: Evaluating Lyft’s query engine capabilities presented by Charles Song from Lyft. (Slides)
- Visualizing Trino with Apache Superset presented by Evan Rusackas from Preset.
- Trino OPA authorizer - An open source love story presented by Sönke Liebau (Stackable) and Pablo Arteaga (Bloomberg). (Slides)
- VAST database catalog presented by Jason Russler from VAST. (Slides)
- Support for Parquet decryption and aggregate pushdown In Trino presented by Amogh Margoor and Manish Malhotra from Apple.
Shout outs #
Shout outs for all their work with the speakers and organizing the event go to Anna Schibli, Mandy Darnell, and Monica Miller from the Trino Summit event team, and everyone else at Starburst who helped make this event a success.
We will see you all at future Trino Contributor Congregations, Trino Fest 2024, Trino Summit 2024, and other events related to Trino.