In the fourth part of our training series Learning SQL with Trino from the experts Martin Traverso, Dain Sundstrom and I took on the big topic of aggregation functions, and covered the two new and exciting features of table functions and SQL routines.
The recording of the event allows you to watch it all as if you attended live, jump to specific sections as desired, or pause while you follow along with the demos:
Following are a couple of specific timestamps for interesting topics:
- First simple aggregation example
- Table functions introduction
- Query pass through table function
- SQL routine use cases
- Human readable days example
More timestamps for every part of the talk are in the description on YouTube. Also make sure you take advantage of these additional resources:
- General overview slide deck for the series, with links to resources like our community chat
- Slide deck for Functions with SQL and Trino, including files with all SQL statements, configurations and more ready to go
- Trino: The Definitive Guide
With this last episode of the series for 2023 we are ready to showcase Trino with an amazing lineup of speakers and sessions at the upcoming Trino Summit 2023. Register now and catch all the presenters live for questions in the chat:
See you at Trino Summit 2023, upcoming Trino Community Broadcast episodes, and maybe even more SQL training in 2024.